Barbecued Satay is a legacy of Middle Eastern influence on the Thai Cuisine, it’s origins traced to the Indian kebab brought by Muslim traders.
The smoky aroma of the chicken and the amazing pairing with peanut sauce, has made this dish a national pride.
Active Cooking Time:
15 Minutes or less
Chef Nooror’s Pro Tip:
Feel free to substitute chicken with any meat or seafood of your choice.
This Set Contains:
- Satay BBQ Marinade
- Dried Pandanus Leaves
- 10 Bamboo Skewers
- Thai Peanut Sauce
You Will Need:
- 300g. Chicken Breast fillets or tenders
- 1Tbsp. Vegetable oil or Non-stick Spray
- Garnish with Ground Roasted Peanuts (Unsalted)
- Slice the chicken fillets into thin lengths.
- Place in a bowl , cover with the Satay BBQ Marinade, and Dried Pandanus Leaves.
- Mix well, cover, and then rest in the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes or for up to an hour.
- In the meantime, soak the bamboo skewers in water.
- When you’re ready to cook, thread each chicken strip onto a skewer.
- Grill on a barbecue or lightly oiled skillet for about 3 minutes per each side or until cooked through.
Serve with Thai Peanut Sauce.