This world renowned dish was created during the Second World War in the period of Prime Minister General Por Phiboonsongkram.
Phad Thai is one of the most emblematic Thai Recipes… when made from scratch, it is also one of the most difficult as it requires a lot of different ingredients.
This set will make it easy-to-cook, and give you in 15 minutes an authentic Phad Thai like in Bangkok !
Active Cooking Time:
15 Minutes or less
Chef Nooror’s Pro Tip:
Phad Thai goes great with seafood, try it with Prawns, Crab, or even Clams!
This Set Contains:
- 1Tbsp. – B.E. Fish Sauce
- 1Tbsp – B.E. Oyster Sauce
You Will Need:
- 120g. – Spaghetti
- 8-10 pcs – Medium sized Tiger Prawns
- 4tbsp. – Water or Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 2Tbsp. – Vegetable Oil
- 70g. – B.E. Holy Basil Stirfry Paste
- 2cloves. – Garlic, Crushed
- 2pcs. – B.E. Dried Bird’s Eye Chili (optional)
- 5-10 – Holy Basil Leaves
- 20g. – Baby Corn
- Deep Fried Holy Basil
Deep Fried Holy Basil
- 1. In a mortar: Add Garlic and Bird’s Eye Chili and crush into a rough paste.
- 2. Boil the spaghetti in salted water until al dente. Strain, cool, oil and reserve.
- 3. In a Wok: On a medium heat add vegetable oil, B.E. Holy Basil Paste, and the crushed garlic and chili and stirfry until aroma develops.
- 4. Add the Prawns and allow them to colour.
- 5. Add Spaghetti, Baby Corn and continue to stirfry.
- 6. Add water or Stock and Season with BE Fish Sauce, Oyster Sauce and Sugar.
- 7. Add the Holy Basil Leaves and turn off the heat.
- 8. Garnish with Fried Holy Basil.