Massaman is an Old-world Curry whose Paste is made by combining red curry paste with tamarind and a sophisticated blend of spices (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coriander & cumin seeds).
Active Cooking Time:
25 Minutes or less
Chef Nooror’s Pro Tip:
Try adapting this recipe to work with your favourite slow-braise, or use leftover braised meat in the curry.
This Set Contains:
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Thai Dried Spices
- Premium Fish Sauce
- Coconut Cream Powder
You Will Need:
- 200g. Diced Lamb or Beef
- 1 Mid-sized Potato or Sweet Potato
- 250mL Water
- 2Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1tsp. SugarOptional:
- Ground Roasted Peanuts (Unsalted)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Pour the Coconut Cream Powder in a bowl, add 250mL of hot water to dissolve, and set aside.
- Slice meat into medium-large cubes, and slice the potato as well.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Sear the meat and potatoes on a high heat turning them over frequently until they have a nice golden brown on the outside. Take them off the heat and set aside.
- Heat 1Tbsp. Vegetable oil in a sauce pan.
- Add the Massaman Curry Paste and stir-fry until aroma develops and lower the heat.
- Add the Coconut Cream. Bring to boil.
- Add the reserved meat and potatoes, as well as the Thai Dried Spices.
- Season with Thai Premium Fish Sauce and Sugar to taste.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and tender.
- Adjust the time according to the cut of meat you’re using.
- If you’re adding some ground roasted peanuts, now is the time, then turn off the heat right away.
Serve hot with ™Thai Jasmine Rice.