Paneang curry paste is made by pounding dried chili peppers, galangal, lemongrass, coriander root, cumin seeds, garlic, shallots and star anise.
Fried and combined with coconut cream, this aromatic paste will give and succulent “Thai Panaeng Curry” with a hint of spiciness.
Active Cooking Time:
20 Minutes or less
Chef Nooror’s Pro Tip:
Try this recipe with Roti Pirata or Naan bread on the side.
Amount of Paste Needed:
- 4Tbsp. Paneang Curry Paste (about 70g. Or 50g. For a less spicy result)
What Else You Will Need:
- 300-350g. Chicken Breast or Beef
- 2Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 x 165mL ™Coconut Cream
- ½Tbsp. ™Thai Premium Fish Sauce
- 1Tbsp. Sugar
- 2Tbsp. chopped peanuts or 1Tbsp. unsweetened peanut butter
- 2Tbsp. Butter Beans
- Small handful Fresh Basil
- 2 ™Red Chili
- 2 ™Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Slice the Chicken or beef thin strips.
- Heat 2Tbsp. of vegetable oil in a sauce pan.
- Add the Panaeng Curry Paste and stir-fry until aroma develops and lower the heat.
- Add half of the Coconut Cream. Bring to boil.
- Add the remaining Coconut Cream and bring to boil once more.
- Add the meat and beans if you’re using them.
- Season with Thai Premium Fish Sauce and Sugar to taste. Simmer until cooked through.
- Throw in any fresh herbs you might be using, and turn off the heat.
Serve hot with ™Thai Black Rice.