Red Curry Paste is made by pounding together dried red chili, lemongrass, garlic, shallot and galangal. Its texture is thick, rich in flavor with a hint of spiciness.
Active Cooking Time:
20 Minutes or less
Chef Nooror’s Pro Tip:
Use Leftovers! Yes, you read it right, the leftover trimmings from last night’s roast are the best. Whether, duck, lamb, beef, pork or what have you.
Amount of Paste Needed:
- 4Tbsp. Red curry paste (about 70g. or 50g. for a less spicy result)
What Else You Will Need:
- 200g. Sliced duck magret or fillet, Roasted or Grilled
- 120g. Pineapple
- 10 Seedless Grapes
- 3-4 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Red Serrano Chilies
- Small Handful Sweet Basil Leaves
- 400mL ™Coconut Cream
- 100mL Water
- 2Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1Tbsp. ™Thai Premium Fish Sauce
- ½Tbsp. Sugar
- 4 ™Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Canned Lychee
- Season with Thai Premium Fish Sauce and Sugar to taste.
- Add the duck breast, fruits, and Kaffir Lime Leaves.
- Add the remaining Coconut Cream and 100mL water. Bring to boil.
- Add half of the Coconut Cream. Bring to boil.
- Add the Red Curry Paste and stir-fry until aroma develops and lower the heat.
- Heat 2Tbsp of vegetable oil in a sauce pan.
- Dice the pineapple into large cubes, halve the cherry tomatoes, slice the serrano chilies and slice the pre-grilled duck breast.
- Note: If you’re using any canned fruits remember they are already pretty sweet, so lessen or omit the sugar from this recipe.
- Simmer until cooked through.
Serve hot with ™Thai Black Rice.