Fried and combined with fresh ingredients, this aromatic Holy Basil paste will give you a succulent “Phad Kra-Paow” with the meat of your choice.
Active Cooking Time:
10 Minutes or less
Chef Nooror’s Pro Tip:
A super versatile dish, you can use mince and green beans, or crispy fish and whatever vegetables you have around the house. Also, try it with a fried egg on top.
Amount of Paste Needed:
- 4Tbsp Stir-fry Holy Basil Paste (70g)
What Else You Will Need:
- Chicken breast, Beef, or Pork (about 300g.)
- ½ Onion
- 2-4 Fresh Chilies
- 4 Baby Corns
- 3Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 4Tbsp. Water or Stock
- 1Tbsp. ™Thai Premium Fish Sauce
- ½Tbsp. Sugar
- 1Tbsp. ™Oyster Sauce (If using lessen the amount of ™Thai Premium Fish Sauce)
- 3 Green Peppercorns
- 2Tbsp. Long beans
- Crush the chilies, and chop the onion and baby corns.
- Slice or mince the meat
- Heat 3Tbsp. Vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Add the Holy Basil Paste and stir-fry until an aroma starts to develop.
- Add the meat and continue to stir-fry until it starts to brown.
- Season to taste with Thai Premium Fish Sauce and about ½Tbsp. of sugar, then add the water.
- Add onion, chilies, baby corns and any other vegetables you may be using.
- Continue to stir-fry until cooked through.
Serve with ™Thai Jasmine Rice or ™Thai Black Rice.