The Thai fish cakes, known in Realm of Siam as ‘Tod Man Pla’, is a very traditional type finger food.
Captivated by the aroma and their catchy red and golden color.
First the enchanting kaffir lime leaves aroma will strike you, then the red curry flavor will finish to win you over… Definitely a must-try!
Thais like them chewy, accompanied with sour vegetable and dipped in a sweet and sour dipping sauce.
Active Cooking Time:
20 Minutes or less
Chef Nooror’s Pro Tip:
There are many different variations of “Tod Man”, Try it with (any white) fish and green beans, or prawns and sweetcorn. Also, you can use a food processor if you have one.
This Set Contains:
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Thai Premium Fish Sauce
- Dried Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Red Curry Paste
You Will Need:
- 200g. of Any White Fish fillets
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp. Sugar
- 1Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1tsp. Sugar
- Sweetcorn Kernels or chopped long green beans.
- Put the Dried Kaffir Lime Leaves in water to soften.
- Mince the fish meat until it is fine enough that it resembles a paste.
- Add in the Red Curry Paste, egg, sugar, Thai Premium Fish Sauce, and cornstarch then mix well until fully incorporated.
- Slice the soaked Dried Kaffir Lime Leaves and add it to the “Tod Man” base. If you’re using any of the optional vegetables, now is the time to throw it in as well.
- Heat oil for frying to 180C.
- Meanwhile start shaping your Tod Man into flat patties, or little round balls, and place them on a well oiled plate.
- Fry until golden brown.
Serve hot with Sweet Chili Sauce.