“Tom Yam Goong” (prawn) is a dish originally created by the Thai Royal kitchen as a competitor to the French Bouillabaisse.
Tom Yam Soup paste is made by pounding together tamarind, shallot and a blend of select Thai chilies.
Active Cooking Time:
15 Minutes or less
2 x 2 Servings
Chef Nooror’s Pro Tip:
There are hundreds of variations of the infamous Tom Yam Soup throughout Thailand. Get Creative and try it with fish, and sour fruits or vegetables.
This Set Contains:
- 2 x Tom Yam Soup Paste
- 2 x Thai Dried Spices
- 2 x Thai Premium Fish Sauce
You Will Need:
- 12 Mid-sized Prawns, peeled and deveined (about 200g.)
- 8-10 Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 400mL Water
- 1tsp. Sugar
- 1 Tomato, quartered
- Add 400ml of water to a sauce pot.
- Add the Thai Dried Spices and the Tom Yam Soup Paste. Bring to boil.
- Add the prawns and mushrooms and any other vegetables you’re using.
- Season to taste with Thai Premium Fish Sauce and about 1tsp. of sugar.
- Simmer until prawns and mushrooms are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat. Add ½Tbsp lime juice, and serve hot.