Glass Noodles Spicy Salad is a delicate vermicelli salad called “Yam Woon Sen”.
This recipe is a classic from Northeastern Thai (Isaan) cuisine.
Active Cooking Time:
12 Minutes or less
Chef Nooror’s Pro Tip:
The best versions of Glass Noodles have fresh ingredients such as Celery, onion, and Tomatoes. Try it out!
This Set Contains:
- Thai Glass Noodles
- Thai Chili & Lime Dressing
- Thai Premium Fish Sauce
- Dried Black Mushrooms
- Dried Spring Onions
- Chili Flakes
You Will Need:
- 3-4 Mid-sized Prawns (headless, about 30g.)
- 60g. Minced Chicken
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Celery Stalk
- ¼ Onion
- 1 Tomato
- Soak the Thai Glass Noodles and Dried Black Mushrooms in water for 5 minutes, then drain well, and use a pair of scissors to cut the Glass Noodle lengths in half.
- Bring a sauce pot ¾ full of water to boil.
- Blanch Thai Glass Noodles for 2 minutes, then strain them and blanch the Dried Black Mushrooms for 2 minutes, then strain them as well.
- Next, blanch the minced chicken and Dried Spring Onions together. Once the chicken is cooked through strain it, blanch the prawns for 1 minute strain as well and then discard the water in the pot.
- Slice the Black Mushrooms as well as any of the optional vegetables that you might be using.
- In a bowl, add all the blanched ingredients and the vegetables.
- Add the Thai Chili & Lime Dressing, Fish Sauce, and a squeeze of lime juice and mix well.
Serve as a great appetizer or alongside your main course.